“If a tree falls in the forest and there’s no-one around to hear it, does it make a sound?”Dr. George Berkley
Creativity is an essential part of the human experience, and it is something that is often deeply personal and meaningful to the creator. However, I believe that creativity is not just a private experience – it is something that can be shared and enjoyed by others.
This is why I feel that creativity is an experience that needs to be shared. It’s because for creations to become truly real, they need to be experienced by an audience.
- What is a painting without eyes to see it?
- What is a song without ears to hear it?
- What is a book without eyes to read it?
- What is a meal without a mouth to taste it?
The creator is compelled internally to create from nothing but it’s only until the creation is experienced by somebody that the creation really turns into something.
As a songwriter, I am compelled to write songs and those songs are of no use to me if there is no audience to hear them. There needs to be an audience for my songs to truly have a life of their own
This is also where I get the most joy from being a songwriter, having an audience to listen to them whether they be in a live situation or online through streaming or downloading.
This is why I do what I do. Sharing my songs, my creations with a wider audience allows me to do the following…
- Connect with others on a more deeper level
- Contribute to the world in a positive way
- Grow as a human being
- Touch, move and inspire others
- Build a community around me and my music
- Make a better life for myself
- Leave my mark on the world
Anything that is created has its own intrinsic purpose for its existence so in my case, I’ll be honouring my creations by sharing them with an audience. No matter where they are in the world.