Personally, one of the main skills that a professional musician needs to have under their belt is the ability to create and manipulate information online.
You need to know how to build a web presence, create content, curate information, work social media platforms and blog about your journey and this is where the blogger part of my tagline “Songwriter, Musician, Producer and Blogger” comes into the equation.
I learnt very early on in my career that becoming very familiar and comfortable with using the internet as a music marketing tool and a community creator would set myself apart from others that were still trying to play the old rules in what was fast becoming a new game.
I started blogging about songwriting and the music business back in 1994 and started experimenting with building my own websites using WordPress in the early 2000’s.
From these humble beginnings I have now created ZenWeb, a web design and online marketing business to handle my expanding online presence as well as to help others do the same.
If you have any questions about WordPress, building a web presence, social media, content creation or anything else about the online world, just contact me and I’ll see what I can do for you.
In the meantime you can read my blog or, you can also check out some links to other sites and blogs that I manage…
- The Online Musician – How to create and launch an online music career
- All About Songwriting – Curated songwriting information site
- All About Music Business – Curated music business information site
- All About Home Recording – Curated home recording information site
- The Calm Life – My blog about how to stay calm in a chaotic world